Do you know all ins and outs of Transport Management? Do you always succeed in creating the ultimate customer experience, even in hectic times? Join our team if you’re looking for a challenging and re
Do you know all ins and outs of Transport Management? Do you always succeed in creating the ultimate customer experience, even in hectic times? Join our team if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career!
Control Tower Operator / Logistics Planner
Hours per week: Full time, 40 hours
The Control Tower team operates as an extension of one of our major blue chip customers and takes full responsibility and ownership for managing and optimising all logistical processes related to the shipments of the various customer business units. The Control Tower team consists of 5 Control Tower Operators, an administrative support, Logistics Analyst and a Contract Manager. Additionally, the team is supported by a Carrier Manager and a Logistical Engineer.
So what’s this job all about? As Control Tower Operator you form a crucial part of this team and share in the responsibility to deliver an ultimate customer experience to our blue chip customer and its customers in terms of unparalleled customer service and operational excellence. You work in an international, dynamic and sometimes hectic environment where you continuously interact with the customers’ business units, the service suppliers, the entire internal organisation and your team members to ensure the most optimal and efficient execution of the customers’ orders. You will experience great levels of freedom and responsibility and will be stimulated to share your ideas and thoughts and interact with control tower colleagues working for other multinational companies.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day contact with several customer brand sites throughout Europe handling their daily requests and transport needs;
- Day-to-day contact with the planning departments of a wide variety of logistics service providers to manage and monitor the pending shipments;
- Act and react towards the customers, local warehouses and with the logistics services providers’ planning desk to avoid any disruptions in the transport process;
- Consolidate and manage shipments with an open mind to find possible savings opportunities on routes;
Pro-actively handle and resolve day-to-day operational issues and challenges whenever they occur.
But on that first morning before you get down to work… we’ll introduce you to your new colleagues over a cup of coffee. That will give you a friendly taste of what it’s like to be part of our team – because people are our main asset and teamwork defines our style.
Who are we?
At P&O Ferrymasters, you will be joining a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions. We’re part of P&O Ferries – owned by Dubai World – and work across road, rail and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Assets divisions. We operate from more than 20 strategic locations in 12 countries, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus
Who are you?
As Control Tower Operator you take responsibility and ownership and will possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Have specific experience in and / or affinity with transport management;
- Have an eye for detail and good organisational skills (i.e. setting priorities and meeting deadlines);
- Are service oriented and determined to always exceed customer expectations;
- Are stress resistant and able to work in an energetic environment;
- Are a real team player;
Are able to fluently communicate in Dutch and English (both vrbally and in writing) and you have working knowledge of one of the following languages; French, German, Spanish, Italian and / or Polish.
P&O Ferrymasters initially offers a seven month contract.
- 28 days holiday per annum
- 13th month salary
- 8% holiday pay
- Travel expenses or full refund of expenses made using public transportation
- Collective healthcare insurance packages
Professional growth and development opportunities
Time to act!
Do you have what we’re looking for? And does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? We hope so – in which case, now’s the time to let us know! Please apply with your CV and covering letter as soon as possible via the 'Apply' button. We look forward to hearing from you…
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-Time, Amsterdam, Logistics Planner, Supply Chain, Transport Management
Solliciteer op deze functie